We would like to advise you and try to reassure you of the actions Britannia homecare are taking in light of the current pandemic.
We are monitoring the situation round the clock and following advice from Public health England as the situation develops, you can read for yourself on the public health website www.gov.uk/coronavirus and www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus
All our homecare workers are wearing their personal protection equipment, homecare workers will be washing their hands on arrival and departures.
We are also recruiting new homecare workers should existing staff members go into isolation.
We ask that you are understanding that the coming times will be difficult and there may be changes to care times and visits and non urgent care visits may need to be cancelled.
There are some steps you can take to avoid catching and spreading coronavirus (social distancing)Do;
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands as much as possible
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- avoid close contact with people who have symptoms of coronavirus
- only travel on public transport if you need to
- avoid social activities, such as going to pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas
- avoid events with large groups of people
- use phone, online services, or apps to contact your GP surgery or other NHS services
- drink plenty of water and keep hydrated
- try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- do not have unnecessary visitors to your home, including friends and family
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Britannia Homecare office if you have any questions or concerns.
Take care and remember Britannia Homecare is always here for you.